Brewers Best 5 gallon glass carboy blowoff tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackSheep92

Reaction score
I'm going to trek to either Lowes or Home Depot and purchase some tubing for a blowoff tube. Currently I have a 5 gallon glass carboy by Brewers Best. Anyone recommend or know what size ID/OD and length tubing I'd need?

Thanks again.

I guess you already have a drilled bung for the carboy? 3/16" inner diameter with 7/16" outer diameter tubing fits perfectly snug in a standard drilled bunghole.

You can also get 1" ID/1.25" OD tubing and fit that snugly in the carboy hole without a bung.

Either way!

1" ID, 1.25"OD is pretty standard at HD or Lowes and it is what Northern brewer sells. It works on 5,6.5 carboys without bung. Go without the bung if you can its one less thing to clean.

Honestly, bungs are 50 cents at my local home brew store so I have a few extras. Just took the bung to home depot and tried it on a few tubes until one fit. Problem solved. Get LONGER than you need. I did a 4 foot and ended up going back for an 8 foot Would rather have more tube in the blow off bucket than to barely make it.

Back