Breweries in Los Angeles area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terickson

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'll be heading out to LA for a few short work trips in February and March, was wondering if locals had any insight on some local breweries/brewpubs to check out while I'm there.

Love supporting local no matter where I'm at, so let the suggestions fly! [emoji1]

Thanks!

Right next to LAX is El Segundo Brewing. Best hoppy beers in LA. Also in El Segundo is Rob Ruebens Distilling and Brewing (good NEIPA). Also next to LAX is Three Weavers in Inglewood (near car rentals.)

Torrance and the South Bay have quite a few places to visit: Smog City, Strand Brewing, Dudes, Monkish, Phantom Carriage. If you want a place on the water to try beers from all over Southern California (and practically everywhere else, go to Naja's Place in Redondo Beach.)

Downtown and Pasadena are getting bigger by the day but I'm not so familiar with their beers.

I've heard The Brouwerij West in San Pedro is a great place to go.

Best hoppy beers in LA are at Monkish, IMO. If you can make the drive, the best sours are out at Casa Agria.

Brouwerij West has a great space but the beer has a ways to go.

If you can swing it Beachwood BBQ in Long Beach might be worth your while to visit. Good variety of beers that are tasty.
Cheers

Back