Breweries and Introduction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha Cheers mate..
Here's a new Vid, Got the Mash agitator going..

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres a few more pics of what iv'e been up to.. Rotary wort return fitting complete..

fbook_100416_85.jpg

fbook_100416_82.jpg

fbook_100416_77.jpg

yeah, because its a HERMS system the mashtun heating is done in an external heat exchanger, so the wort needs to be recirculated. It will also aid in clearing the wort..

Are the cabinets in the back with the stacked kegs refrigerated/temp controlled for fermentation? Looks great!

Yeah sure is, that's a commercial 2 door fridge with a PID controller hooked into it.. I have used it for both fermenting and a serving fridge..

Your brewery should be called "NO JOKE" lol.
So how much is shipping and what are you selling these for???? SERiously name a price!

So when are you polishing it up? Cause the space station needs to see where you are on a sunny day :ban:

Completely incredible build sir!

um. Wow. Great fabrication!
Thanks mate, keeps me out of trouble..

This is incredible! Very nice work!

Can you play video games on it with that red joystick?:D

That's the big red "Oh!****!" button

holy crap man... that thing is just phenomenal... best home brewery ever.

Cheers mate, lets hope it produces a decent beer..

Your brewery should be called "NO JOKE" lol.
So how much is shipping and what are you selling these for???? SERiously name a price!

Ha I was thinking "NO WIFE" brewery ;)

Do you think there would be a market for an automated 200L brewery? probably a bit more coin than the average home brewer would like to spend.

So when are you polishing it up? Cause the space station needs to see where you are on a sunny day :ban:

Completely incredible build sir!

:) Not sure if I will polish it or not, its brushed at the moment, if I get some time I might.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask a stupid question about the HERMS... I don't understand why the wort is stirred during recirculation ?

Hey mate,
The stirring occurs during mashin to break up clumps and evenly mix the mash then it rests during recirculation.

mmmmh I'm confused I want to build a HERMS to help me with multi-rest mashing... Are your stirring just at the beginning to break up clumps and improve the hydratation of the mash then ur doing ur stages or I don't get it ? :confused:

mmmmh I'm confused I want to build a HERMS to help me with multi-rest mashing... Are your stirring just at the beginning to break up clumps and improve the hydratation of the mash then ur doing ur stages or I don't get it ? :confused:

That's the plan, Mashin with stirrer on to break up clumps then stop for rests and recirculation, also helps to clean out spent grain when tun is tipped.

I visited this thread quite a while ago and it has only gotten better. The work quality and design are just amazing, but your patience is what I really admire. I have never worked on anything that long.

Back on 10 May, you said you would shoot a video or a live feed of your first brew. Are we getting close to the premiere date?

Ok thanks, I have 2 more questions hehe !

- Isn't that risky to let the cuting knife in the mash for recirculation (preferential path...) ?
- Are you stirring for lautering ?

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Cheers

C

This really is an impressive rig. Are you planning on putting it into a brewpub as is or would you look to build a bigger/newer rig?

I visited this thread quite a while ago and it has only gotten better. The work quality and design are just amazing, but your patience is what I really admire. I have never worked on anything that long.

Back on 10 May, you said you would shoot a video or a live feed of your first brew. Are we getting close to the premiere date?

Cheers mate,
Things have been slow lately, we have had huge surf and I ride freestyle stand up jetski so brewery taken a back seat.
There really is only some programming to finalize so maye Christmas is a reasonable target.

Ok thanks, I have 2 more questions hehe !

- Isn't that risky to let the cuting knife in the mash for recirculation (preferential path...) ?

+Well maybe but that's still left to be determined, I cant see it being a big problem.

- Are you stirring for lautering ?

+No i'm not stirring during lautering

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Cheers

C

peristaltic pump at 4L / min for recirculation (1gal / min) ?

thanks

+ This depends greatly on your systems ability to transfer heat and your mash tun heat loss.
As far as I can see, recirculation should be adequate to hold your mash temp with disturbing the grain bed or causing a stuck mash situation. So slower is better.

This really is an impressive rig. Are you planning on putting it into a brewpub as is or would you look to build a bigger/newer rig?

Cheers Mate,
I am planning on a small brewery someday, obviously this system is on the small side but would be great for trial beers , I have started collection 1000L tanks for a larger system I have 3 so far..

That's nuts! I started learning to surf this year in France, so can appreciate how mad that is! :) where abouts were the shots taken?

I wish I had you workshop and skills :) - I hope you appreciate how awesome it is!

Cheers mate, The shots are taken in my home town, Portland , Victoria, Australia. Its a small surf side town .. There is nothing as exhilarating as being out in the surf..

Hey guys,
Got some new stuff for you to check out.

This is my online interface for everyone to keep track of what my brewery is up to, still in test so please let me know what you think or any ideas. Data will only be live if i'm in the brewery and it is ONLINE otherwise what you see will be test data from the server.

LINK TO HMI

Cheers
Jono

Back