Brewer in Seattle signing up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWernBrewer

Reaction score
Registered a while ago to check out a picture of a homemade Brutus ten and haven't done anything with it yet. I've been brewing for about a year and have had much success.:rockin: With hops being a pain to get - I don't buy from the internet, but I need to get a paypal account anyway to upgrade my account here so... that may change - I was going to try my hand at fruit wines and anything else that sounds tasty until my hop supply is more consistent. Planning on starting a hop crop this year and if it doesn't put me where I hope it does, watching those little cones grow will be nice enough.

Anyway - good to be here - Prost!:mug:

Thank you for the welcome. As to the hops, I've found them - but it raises the cost of brewing so much - especially being a hop head. I've been drinking a lot of stouts to try to wean myself, but last night my SWMBO brought me 6-22oz Stone Ruination IPA's and got the monkey hungry.:D

So, fruit wines and low hop beers until the supply recovers and/or my own supply blooms.

You might have some trouble buying rhizomes from out of state sources, but I suspect there are plenty of sources in Washington. Fuggle isn't the best choice for a hophead, but it has gone feral in most of Oregon and Washington. Keep your eyes open in last summer.

Back