Brewed my first beer kickass!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewslinger19

Reaction score
Hey everyone just brewed my first pale ale on Friday, went with the directions for the first try. my question is will it hurt the beer if I keep it in the carboy a little longer after its done fermenting , the directions say it might take 2 weeks , should I switch it over immediately when it's done??? Also any advice u could give to a new brewer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help

No, it will definitely not hurt anything to keep your beer in the fermenter for some extra time. Your fermentation will probably be done before the two weeks is up, but giving it extra time will only improve your beer, and will allow your yeast to clear up the beer.

A lot of people here leave it in the primary fermenter for 3 weeks or so (depending on your beer type). I'm not sure if you are planning on taking it to a secondary fermenter before bottling, but if you are, just keep in mind that many people here have skipped that step altogether. Just depends on your preference.

Cheers :mug:

Absolutely leave it there a bit longer, by all means! It will give the yeast time to clean up after themselves, and help get rid of off flavors.

As for other advice, I've put together a quick "FAQ" for new brewers; you might find it useful. It addresses most of the commonly asked questions like this one.

Common Sense for Homebrewers

Donutmuncher...thanks I am switching it to another container I'm in no rush I think I'll let it go the 3 weeks , thanks alot////homebrewdad thanks alot really pumped about the beer I wanna start brewing another batch ASAP its addicting

Latest posts

Back