• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Brewbuilt Coolstix

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stonehenge360

Reaction score
Perfect condition. Works well for fermonster. -$35 + shipping OBO

1EDDD0A2-0540-4EC4-BD10-1D794D45F9F7.jpeg
BD908D26-5F71-4B19-8738-797343DFFB23.jpeg
0A850D63-395E-47F1-B2AF-D473C6313F12.jpeg

I have one of the Coolstix, but found that it did not cool as well as my other cooling coil that I purchased here Ball and Keg: Home Brew Keg Level Indicator They both work on my Fermonster, but the loop cools faster and goes lower. I think the coolstix has less surface area than the loop on the other one, but what do you think? Since it looks like you got yours sold, I might try to sell my Coolstix as well since the other is more effective.

I thought it was effective enough considering the ease of cleaning over a coil.

it’s not going to get it down to laggering temps, but it’s not really designed for that. More surface area is always going to be more effective, but I liked the simplicity. Only got rid of it because I am switching fermenter setups

I thought it was effective enough considering the ease of cleaning over a coil.

it’s not going to get it down to laggering temps, but it’s not really designed for that. More surface area is always going to be more effective, but I liked the simplicity. Only got rid of it because I am switching fermenter setups
That's good to know. The coil unit from Ballandkeg can get down to lager temps pretty easily. I just did a Vienna Lager at 55 F for two weeks without insulation on my fermenter. I could have changed ice jugs less frequently if I insulated my Fermonster, but I find it's pretty easy to change an ice jug out twice per day.

Back