Brew Stand Build - Extruded Aluminum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewHokieTJ

Reaction score
I have been lurking here for a while so I figured it was time to finally start contributing; I’ll start by sharing my brew-magic style build.
Disclaimer: The extruded aluminum and much of the stainless steel were obtained by rescuing them from being scrapped. I was able to modify the frame and re-purpose it into a brew stand, obviously this would not have been the cheapest solution … but you work with what you have and this also allows me to make changes as I go. Oh and I am only building this indoors I will not be firing propane in my basement.
I have not yet had the chance to brew with this since I have to add a few more key elements like some expanded metal mesh to support the kegs. I also hope to add locking casters at some point! On to the pictures:

Midway through the layout/concept phase:
url]

Further Along:
url]

This one should generate some questions!
url]

Need to add exp. metal mesh here
url]

hope the pics work.. I am trying to link to picasa but the pics are public and shared.

more pics to come!
Thanks!

Thanks. It started as a challenge to find some use for the linear rails....im pleased with how it turned out! Didnt really save money on the extra burner but simplified some plumbing!

Hey that's looking pretty good! I'm curious how the aluminum is going to hold up to the heat those burners put out.

edit:...and um... what is that missile *slash* lunar capsule thingy by the pink ball?

Okay... So i spaced the burners away from aluminum as much as i could....i plan to build heat shields and then use exp. Metal to create the keg surface... I dont anticipate any direct flame to alumimum contact so i dont see any issues but will gladly report back! The rocket is my wifes kiln....with a lampshade resting on top.

I've been thinkin' about the sliding burner idea for a while and this is the only thread I've found that implements it as I've been dreaming.

Any news on how it's holding up? Do the rails get all sticky and unmanageable at all? Or maybe heat warping the rails?

Back