Brew questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvanLouis

Reaction score
OK folks, I wanna do a maple syrup stout. I like sorghum when its balanced with other things so ill do a partial mash. I figured malto,sorghum,millet,maple syrup would be my fermentables. How much millet should I buy to mill? Three pounds be enough? Five?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Home Brew mobile app

I have been using 6 lb but have never attempted a stout. My goal is to offset one 3.3 lb can of LME with my partial mash. I am working to improve my process but may have to move closer to 8 lb.
I also like the sorghum as long as it is dressed up. Will you add any dark belgian candy syrup?

Oh yeah forgot about good old d190! Probably 2 lbs of that, 1lb maple syrup, 8oz malto, 3lbs lme. I figured with all that 3 or 5lbs of millet would be fine. I don't have sophisticated equipment like a mill, just a coffee grinder.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Home Brew mobile app

I have been using 6 lb but have never attempted a stout. My goal is to offset one 3.3 lb can of LME with my partial mash. I am working to improve my process but may have to move closer to 8 lb.
I also like the sorghum as long as it is dressed up. Will you add any dark belgian candy syrup?

Someone sells GF LME?

Your local homebrew store should have it. Can't imagine it would not be available in the Hawaiian islands, just more expensive. If not search on "briessweet white sorghum syrup" and you will get a ton of hits. I suspect most of us use Briesweet in the 3.3 lb can and that is what I can buy at my LHBS. There are also 6 lb jugs. Northern Brewer and Midwest supplies have them.

Your local homebrew store should have it. Can't imagine it would not be available in the Hawaiian islands, just more expensive. If not search on "briessweet white sorghum syrup" and you will get a ton of hits. I suspect most of us use Briesweet in the 3.3 lb can and that is what I can buy at my LHBS. There are also 6 lb jugs. Northern Brewer and Midwest supplies have them.

Ok wasn't thinking of it as a LME, just as a sugar source. Here I would have to buy 7 lbs for $28.

Back