Brew Pot?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15 gallons should work. maybe a touch tight for 10 gallon batches but it'll work. You'll want to add a ball valve though. That sucker will be heavy with 10 gallons in it.

If you're on a tight budget, then I agree that you should go for the SpikeBrewing kettle (and we sell kettles). Don't waste your time and money on aluminum.

I see no reason to avoid aluminum. Certainly SS will last longer but the aluminum should last many years. If you want to add a valve you could try this. I can't vouch for it personally but it's got good reviews. I just bought a 40qt pot that I may just order one for. If you need a step drill to make the hole Harbor Freight sells some cheap ones that would be adequate for the job.

I've used aluminum pots and in my oh so humble opinion I think they suck.

It might be help full to the OP if you would state why.
What exactly do you not like? Where do they fall short?
There are definitely strong opinions on both side of that argument but stating emphatically how you "feel" lends no measurable information on which we can learn and make a decision ourselves.

ah jeez, now I have to back my words up?
Ok
Aluminum oxidizes quickly and heavily, it dissipates heat rapidly, you can't (shouldn't) weld stainless fittings to it, if you scorch the inside good luck getting it clean and the most important factor of all: I'm picky.

Back