Brew Lab Sunderland UK

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorsemenRugby58

Reaction score
I was recently looking into attending their 3month course this Summer. My goal would be to become an assistant brewer at a brewing company.

I was wondering if it is a reputable school, and if the diploma in British Brewing Technology that they offer has a good reputation for obtaining work.

For example, a student studying criminal justice at a 2 or 4 year school earns an associates or bachelor's degree respectively and then applies to police departments or correctional facilities and uses their degree as a credential.

Would the diploma offered by them be acknowledged and respected enough to get a job here in the USA?

Thanks in advance for any knowledge on this.

I would think it would definitely help. I was considering that program last year but ended up staying in Davis where I grew up for the UCD master brewers program. What I get from the brewers I have talked to is that a lot of the hiring decision is how well you get along with the rest of the employees not just if you know your stuff.

I would think it would definitely help. I was considering that program last year but ended up staying in Davis where I grew up for the UCD master brewers program. What I get from the brewers I have talked to is that a lot of the hiring decision is how well you get along with the rest of the employees not just if you know your stuff.

That makes sense but you still have to know your stuff....and I am wondering if this program is worth it.

I have heard good things from multiple people. I tried asking on here but didn't get much of a response. Might have better luck on probrewer? If you have time between work/school/whatever I would recommend interning at a local brewery before you go. I had the opportunity to spend my summer vacation interning at a 22bbl brewpub. I only got paid in beer but I eventually go to do everything from top to bottom. It was a blast and I learned more then I could have imagined.

I want to do that as well, its just I am unaware of any opportunities to do that near where I live. Anyways, I will try probrewer and see if I can get any help there.

Back