Brew Jacket group buy - anyone interested?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, have one interested, just need one more. The website says they will ship in Nov so I'm going to email customer support and see exactly when they'll ship. I have one guy local that's interested, and then if someone is out of the area I can ship it to you, or the Brew Jacket guys might direct ship it if I pay all at once. I would take payment via Paypal and then pay for the order with one payment through Paypal. Should be pretty seamless.

Yeah, actually was waiting for another. Looks like we would have 4 total now for an order, putting the price at $199 ea, plus shipping. Where are you located?

Yeah, actually was waiting for another. Looks like we would have 4 total now for an order, putting the price at $199 ea, plus shipping. Where are you located?

Am I still included in the 4 because last time I talked to you I was the third for the order?

Am I still included in the 4 because last time I talked to you I was the third for the order?

TBC, yes. There was another guy that contacted me first from York, PA area, but I sent 2 PMs since and haven't heard back. So with yours, mine and these 2 we have 4 total.

sweetcell, are you still interested? I PM'd you but didn't get a response. Christmas is fast approaching!
heya gifty, apologies about the slow response - i was mostly offline last week. i need to talk this over with SWMBO, i didn't realize you guys were ready to move right away. i'll get back to you by the end of the week.

heya gifty, apologies about the slow response - i was mostly offline last week. i need to talk this over with SWMBO, i didn't realize you guys were ready to move right away. i'll get back to you by the end of the week.

Yeah, let us know soon. I have one other interested, and with you that would make 3 to get the $200 pricing. Need to order soon to have hopes of getting it by Christmas.

i'm going to have to bow out of this group buy... can't swing this at the moment.

hopefully someone else will come along and get you guys up to 3 units or more.

Hey, no problem. With brewing majorly slowing down in my neck of the woods (at least while I'm brewing in the garage, and sub freezing temps) I will probably be putting this on hold for a few months as well. I was trying to get it on the xmas list but never made it there.

cool, let's re-group (!) in the spring. i'm about to move, so i won't be brewing much between now and april/may. i'll want a brewjacket, or some other alternative, by then :mug:

I'm still interested yes. With 3 of us in the same general area (and one from my same home town of Lititz) it seems like it would make sense. I was waiting a little to see some reviews from those that recently received theirs from the big end of '16 shipment. Haven't heard much lately. How would you guys like to pay? If you have a Paypal balance and send Friends & Family there won't be any fees.

I'm still interested yes. With 3 of us in the same general area (and one from my same home town of Lititz) it seems like it would make sense. I was waiting a little to see some reviews from those that recently received there's from the big end of '16 shipment. Haven't heard much lately. How would you guys like to pay? If you have a Paypal balance and send Friends & Family there won't be any fees.

Payment isn't an issue for me. Just let me know. I'm waiting patiently at $199.

And what fermenter will you guys be using this with? The $199 includes a jacket and whatever kit you need depending on your fermenter. Lids are extra (like for a Speidel). And since you are close a mailed check would also probably be pretty simple. I noticed the 'Community' page on the brewjacket site hasn't been functional for a few days now. I wonder if they were getting some bad reviews?

I have a catalyst, so I need the jacket and a lid, but worst case I can order the $24 lid separate if need be.

We can get it all on the one order, I'll be ordering one too.

Where are you in Lititz? I'm down by the airport.

And what fermenter will you guys be using this with? The $199 includes a jacket and whatever kit you need depending on your fermenter. Lids are extra (like for a Speidel). And since you are close a mailed check would also probably be pretty simple. I noticed the 'Community' page on the brewjacket site hasn't been functional for a few days now. I wonder if they were getting some bad reviews?

I'm going to use it with a better bottle. So the standard kit should work. I will drill my own hole in a bucket lid if I decide to go that route.

The more I look in the forums (http://community.brewjacket.com/) the more I get closer to the fence on this thing. One thing I didn't realize is that it has a separate temp probe that has to be submerged into the wort for best performance (not found anywhere on the website that I could see, only saw that in the forums). I thought that the rod had the probe inside of it and monitored temperature that way. That means the lid(s) will need to be drilled and grommeted for the probe, along with the main rod.

The more I look in the forums (http://community.brewjacket.com/) the more I get closer to the fence on this thing. One thing I didn't realize is that it has a separate temp probe that has to be submerged into the wort for best performance (not found anywhere on the website that I could see, only saw that in the forums). I thought that the rod had the probe inside of it and monitored temperature that way. That means the lid(s) will need to be drilled and grommeted for the probe, along with the main rod.

I don't see how that could work. If the probe were inside of, or attached on the outside of, the rod, then it would pick up the temperature of the rod itself and not the beer.

If you don't want to add a thermowell to your fermenter for some reason you can attach the probe to the outside with a little insulation and tape.

I'm interested in getting in on a group buy. I live in Hartford, CT...anyone still looking in the NE area?

I am working on putting together a buy with some of my Barley Legal club members but pick up would have to be in the greater Philadelphia, South Jersey area. PM me if interested

I've been following this company (Brewjacket) for quite some time, since their kickstarter and started shipping orders. I looked again this morning at their Facebook page and the forum on their website and it's riddled with people complaining about not receiving their units for weeks, even months since they placed the order. I'm not into that. Maybe I'll check back in later in the summer to see if they're keeping up with orders, but not now. I just ordered a 5 cu ft chest freezer, Insignia, from Best Buy for $100 on sale today. Store pickup, and with my $30 temp controller I'm about $140 all in. Not exactly the same control, but close.

I'll post here (as well as the New England thread). I'm in RI. Looking to get one for a catalyst and a chronical. I would absolutely be up for saving $100.

Latest posts

Back