Brew Hut Raising Weekend - 4/25

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,

I have not been busy with the brewhaus lately or HBT for that matter as I have been looking for work since January. Thankfully after 9 months, I am among the employed once again.

To celebrate that along with the onset of cooler weather, SWMBO and I finally sprung for some paint and painted the brewhaus.

BrewhausPainted1.jpg

I mounted the outdoor ceiling fan and a pair outdoor speakers that have been sitting inside for months waiting for me to paint the brewhaus. The fan works great and tunes outside are nice.

BrewhausPainted2.jpg

I'm working on the trim on the inside.

As a relatively new member, I just discovered this thread - what great work! Definitely wish I had the ability to do the same.

And, congrats on the new job - hopefully that trend will continue for many others as well.

Cheers!

Hey guys,

I have not been busy with the brewhaus lately or HBT for that matter as I have been looking for work since January. Thankfully after 9 months, I am among the employed once again.

Well, congatulations Ed! This place is not the same without you! I've even queried what happened to you... Glad you are back, and again. congratulations!

My condolences to your free time, although, it sounds like it was not much for fun and games. I was out for 10 months as well, but my wife was able to start working again in that time. I truly enjoyed the full time dad gig, alas, it was not financially sustainable.
Hopefully the new job get's you to SD once in a while.

So where's the hot tub go??? I love this thread.. great job I can't wait for some updates

Ed,

Glad to hear you got a job! That long out of work gets depressing and nerve racking. Brew hut is looking great! I'm still finishing up the Phoenix shop and brewery. Working on the electrical and getting it insulated. Replacing all the shop equipment now and working on setting the shop back up. Next step will be to build the walk in and put a new brewing system together.

Warrior

Good news - and it is fitting that I just cracked a keg of your famous HPA - you are famous up here in VT..

Edwort, am I mistaken in remembering that somewhere in this thread you were talking about installing a hoist inside your Brew Hut? Something around your brew area, for some purpose I can't remember. Just wondering, if true, which kind of hoist you ended up getting & what you use it for. (I bought a electric hoist recently to lift kegs into my chest keezer--total overkill, I know...)

Now, when the fan arrives from Grainger, I can get to cutting some holes and mounting the hood and backsplash.

Ed, if you don't mind me asking, how did you come to select the 220 CFM blower for this setup? From what I have read about regular stoves, the higher end professional ones require something more in the 600 cfm range to deal with the fume/grease/smoke/vapor. Granted, you will only be dealing with fumes/heat/water vapor and not grease/smoke (or at least we HOPE!)

Curious if you had any kind of professional recommendation on blower size or how you went about selecting it.

BTW, your build is indeed impressive and I think everyone is jealous. I don't have room for this on my property, so I just might have to lease some industrial space nearby... LOL!

Ed, Good to see it's all finally coming together. Great work with the new job as well!

unreal...i sat down and read through the entire post and I'm glad i got in on it late in the game....woulda been too much anticipation for the next post!
Good Job Ed...:tank:
time to hit the Tree Top Apple that's been bottled for two months...

yep, i also just joined this party today to see that all the beer is gone.

That's ok, im sure you have some more brewing.

Enjoy the fruits of your labor. Great job Ed.

Thanks for the bump guys, I just went through all 75 pages (real productive day at work today). Page 69 made my jaw drop. That hood is exactly what I want for my garage brewery.

I hope ED is near finished, something this beautiful needs to be enjoyed to its fullest!

Since I have been working from home, I have been using the brewhaus as an office.

Things will be back on track after my disposable income comes back.

Cheers,

EdWort

I got through this thread back when there were :eek:nly: 50 pages...

I just re-read the entire thing and have to say it looks amazing! Cant wait to see what's in store with it!

Well, life's been difficult since January 2009 (for lots of other folks as well) and this project got dropped way down this list of priorities since then and stayed there.

I recently started a new job and things are looking up enough that when we finally get some cooler weather, the project will go back on track.

First thing is I need to build another shed to house all the tools & equipment that is taking up all the space right now.

The goal is to have the Brewshed operational with 8 beers on tap with the neighboring Biergarten ready for christening by this day next year. I expect to be brewing in it by the end of the year.

Back