brew for labor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veng

Reaction score
I searched and couldn't find anything definitive.
Is it legal to trade homebrew for services, say , in California?
I have this friend.....

What kinda services you thinking about...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,570125,00.html

But really...you talking a bout a buddy painting your garage or actually paying a business with homebrew? Either one is illegal but so would be giving your buddy a hundred bucks (because for sure he's not gonna claim it on his taxes.) If it's under the table....who's gonna know/care?

Way too many people don't know that bartering is also taxable and claimable on your 1040.

Let's keep it safe out there...the less traffic on the subject the better...;)

"What are you in for?"

"Ttrading."

"Insider trading?"

"Nope, I just painted a guys garage for a 6 pack of HB beer."

"Come here pretty-boy..."

thanks everyone! I really appreciate this group and wish I had more to offer in return.

What it be illegal if the guy who painted your garage asked you for a sixer to take home and watch the game with?

I gave my BIL a case of homebrew for helping me weld my brewstand. It was nothing agreed upon beforehand, more of a "thank you". I see no problem with that.

I just helped a guy build a 900 sq/ft shed and he got me a 14 gallon conical fermenter. It was a surprise to me but I'm looking forward to our next brew (11/20) when we will brew a stout and ferment it in our new fermenter.

Latest posts

Back