Brew Dog, I think they make better beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camus

Reaction score
Springer Spaniel, good for anything that hits the deck, crappy for late night brew sessions.

My brew dog eats/laps up and spilled spent grains or wort then sh1ts his brains out all over the yard. It's nice because I don't have to hose off the patio, but a pain when I have to mow.

my brew dog sits on the mash tun when I'm not looking. Probably because its warm and covered in towels/blankets. He's a great dane though so I'm a little afraid hes going to knock it over.

i keep my dogs OUT of my brewhaus. theyre not allowed near me when im brewing as one is smaller and can sometimes get underfoot and the other is still a puppy and want to get into everything.

PSA - just please be careful with the hops when the four legged ones are about. They are very dangerous to dogs.

And then when you finish brewing, make some spent grain dog treats. My girl LOVES them.

+1 on the dog treats. My girl likes them better than store bought treats. I am making a batch tonight after brewing, too.

One time I cooled my wort and put it in the bucket turned around to grab my yeast put in in suspension turned back and my rottweiler had his head in the bucket drinking my wort!!! Good things dogs mouths are cleaner than peoples (who hasn't started a siphon with there mouth when you first started). I said F*** it pitched the yeast and never got an infection.

bucfanmike its only some dogs that have issues with hops, like a peanut allergy with people. Not that I would feed hops to my dogs or give them beer but most of the time it won't bother them.

PSA - just please be careful with the hops when the four legged ones are about. They are very dangerous to dogs.

And then when you finish brewing, make some spent grain dog treats. My girl LOVES them.

I can attest to this. We were brewing one night at a friend's place and his dog got ahold of one of the plastic bags of hop pellets. We think he only ate a few pellets, but that's apparently all it takes.

The dog started panting a lot, which we thought was weird because it wasn't hot and he hadn't been running around. Over a 2 hour period, the dog's temp shot up over 105 F. He had a rough night at the vet: temp was over 107 F and he was having convulsions. Luckily, he made it and is totally fine now.

Supposedly, not all dogs will react this violently to hops ingestion but to be safe, don't let your dogs near them!

Took me a while to figure out you didn't mean the Scottish brewery. Confused for a second.

Yeah, I was all ready to talk about BrewDog stuffs... but my brittanys are notoriously underfoot for anything in the kitchen.

Latest posts

Back