Brew day prayer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rohanski

Reaction score
I grew up Catholic and went to a Catholic school through eight grade. My SWMBO and the kids are Baptist and the Kids go to a Baptist school. When the family are at church on Sunday I brew. Catholic prayers are pretty regimented like, Our Father bla, bla, bla, or Hail Mary bla, bla, bla. I find the Baptists prayer interesting as they tend wing it. I always rib my kids for praying for the sick and hungry because if it weren’t for the sick and hungry there would be a lot less to pray for.

I have written a brew day prayer but you have to read it as one of those TV preachers would.

My Brew Day Prayer

Loooooord, deeeeeer Loooooord, sweet Jesus,

As I start off this brew day with spoon in hand, I pray for a sober and safe experience. I also pray Lord that starsan kills all of the bad bugs that can infect my beer. I pray to you sweet Jesus that my sparge is efficient, the boil is vigorous, and my wort cools quickly. Sweet Jesus I pray that racking goes well with no spillage and my pitch is safe. Lord I stand her with my racking cane in hand held towards the sky praying for the strength to ignore SWMBO and all of my earthly responsibilities. Thank you Lord for Jimmy Carter making it legal to brew at home without fear of arrest. I also pray for Billy’s influence over Jimmy to make this happen. Amen.

Pause

No lightning strike. He understands

Our lager,
Which art in barrels,
Hallowed be thy drink.
Thy will be drunk,
(I will be drunk),
At home as in the tavern.
Give us this day our foamy head,
And forgive us our spillages,
As we forgive those who spill against us.
And lead us not to incarceration,
But deliver us from hangovers.
For thine is the beer, The bitter and The lager.
Forever and ever,

Barmen

rdwj said:
I don't think so - Catholics typically leave the last line off the Lord's prayer

Righty oh, Lutherans started the last part and they were the first protestants and the most beer drinking muthaf*ckers around.

*Proud to be a lutheran :D *

Back