Brew Boss SS basket COFI setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheEagleRising

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at picking up a SS basket, and stumbled across Brew Boss and their COFI setup. Anyone running something like this that isn't part of a full built system?

After my fiasco this weekend and my bag ripping I'm contemplating going with this setup or something along those lines.

To be fair, the bag ripping was my fault and my thermowell punctured it. I've since ordered a shorter one.

My rig is extremely Frankensteined, but it works until at some point I can buy a better.
setup.

Thanks in advance

I was going to. Picked up a BB basket (but without the COFI part) on sale last fall. When I got it, I realized that it barely fits my kettle. If I add a COFI-like center tube, I would not be able to put the lid on. I've considered a number of workarounds, but then I got a deal on a chapman thermobarrel so I'm getting close to my ultimate K-RIMS rig. The BB basket is very nice quality.

Thanks for the feedback. I took a chance and ordered the 15gl setup that is missing the COFI. My pot has a 15in ID and is 19.5in tall so should work perfectly. So when it arrives I'll definitely give some feedback.

Latest posts

Back