Brendan's Triple Berry Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bostrows128

Reaction score
I tried to module this recipe layout from a northern brewer kit as I feel like those directions are very well organized. Note: I did not brew this yet but I have had friends that made it and said it was good. Its really red but none of them told me if it tasted like a red wine or not so I can't really classify it as it has the flavour of a red wine or not yet. THIS IS A PDF FILE AS ITS A FULL EXTENSIVE RECIPE

Attachments

• Brendan’s Triple Berry Panty Dropper Wine.pdf
    64.9 KB · Views: 586
I'm getting ready to try a batch of this myself, as soon as I get a chance to pick up a nylon bag. Did you make it yet? I'm going to try something a little different with the sugar, but pretty much following everything else as written here.

I'm getting ready to try a batch of this myself, as soon as I get a chance to pick up a nylon bag. Did you make it yet? I'm going to try something a little different with the sugar, but pretty much following everything else as written here.
I have in fact made this wine now and I do have to say it is damn good! After perfecting the recipe I would, in fact, do something different with the sugar (dissolve it first and stuff like that). I also used orange juice instead of the lemon juice (just because) but make sure that it is pulp free. I boiled down my fruit and crushed it with a potato masher (once again just because). Right now I have mine clearing and its a very nice red colour. Hope it turns out for you! I will update the recipe and add a one-gallon version as well. Cheers!

These are the edited instructions for 6gal and 1gal

Attachments

• Brendan’s Triple Berry Dragons Blood Wine (Edit) (1).pdf
    64.9 KB · Views: 172
  • Brendan’s Triple Dragons Blood Wine-1Gal.pdf
    142.9 KB · Views: 178
I made up a batch last night, although I didn't have any Sodium Metabisulfite. I'll just have to drink it all before it gets old :)

Mine ended up quite a bit sweeter than the original recipe, due to a brainfart miscalculation on my part. I was going to go with 12lbs of sugar anyway, since it now comes in 4lb bags. After I had put two bags in, I decided to add 5lbs of honey I had in the cabinet instead.

At any rate, 8lbs granulated sugar, 5lbs honey, plus whatever it pulls from the fruit. That's a hella lotta sugar. I'll check again this evening before I pitch my yeast, but the SG was 1.12 last night after I had everything in the bucket.

Edited to add: I also used slightly less lemon juice. The store I went to only had the 15oz bottles of RealLemon, so I used 3 @ 45oz total.

Latest posts

Back