Boysenberry Blonde Ale Recipe Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hiphop

Reaction score
Hey all! I really need some help with a recipe for my wife. She loves a local beer that is a boysenberry blonde ale. Because it’s local from a small craft brewery there is literally no information online about how to clone it so I’m starting from scratch. Attached below is the brewery website about this beer. To me it’s not a crazy special beer but I know it’s my wife current favorite beer so gotta do what I gotta do to make her happy.

I have not had a good experience with “fresh” fruit so I’m up for extract or syrup as long as it has a natural ish flavor. I did a lemon summer shandy once and the “natural flavor” packet made the beer taste so unnatural. So looking for advice from prior beers of yours. Specifically a good blonde ale you have done in the past that would go well with fruit and experience adding fruit, syrup, extract to beer. Thank you for your help!!!

https://www.rockyard.com/team/buoyant-mobile/

Hey all! I really need some help with a recipe for my wife. She loves a local beer that is a boysenberry blonde ale. Because it’s local from a small craft brewery there is literally no information online about how to clone it so I’m starting from scratch. Attached below is the brewery website about this beer. To me it’s not a crazy special beer but I know it’s my wife current favorite beer so gotta do what I gotta do to make her happy.

I have not had a good experience with “fresh” fruit so I’m up for extract or syrup as long as it has a natural ish flavor. I did a lemon summer shandy once and the “natural flavor” packet made the beer taste so unnatural. So looking for advice from prior beers of yours. Specifically a good blonde ale you have done in the past that would go well with fruit and experience adding fruit, syrup, extract to beer. Thank you for your help!!!

https://www.rockyard.com/team/buoyant-mobile/

Lots of homebrewers rely on canned puree in a secondary for fruit flavor.
A quick Googling reveals there are some boysenberry purees on the market.
I've not done any with it, but do some searching around here in HBT and you'll find more tips.

I'd start by making a basic 4.8-5% blonde ale and then add 1 can (49oz) of Vintner's Harvest Boysenberry once fermentation is complete. The other route to go would be to use the Amoretti branded purees that come in the pump bottles. Brew and package your blonde ale and then you can add the amount of puree to each glass and figure out your desired amount to add to the whole batch for subsequent brewings.

As a base, use the Centennial Blonde recipe on HBT. Just made my second batch and it is delicious on its own. Use WLP001 yeast in my opinion. I use the fruit puree as well.

As a base, use the Centennial Blonde recipe on HBT. Just made my second batch and it is delicious on its own. Use WLP001 yeast in my opinion. I use the fruit puree as well.

Please link the Centennial Blonde recipes that you are referencing. I am having trouble finding the original recipe. Knowing it’s good on its own makes me want to use its as a base.

Would 1 can of the Vintner’s Havest Boysenberry purée be enough for 5-5.5 gallons?

@Hiphop You might try reaching out to the brewery. You'd be surprised how often pro brewers are open to sharing info with homebrewers. Worst they can say is no.

Would 1 can of the Vintner’s Havest Boysenberry purée be enough for 5-5.5 gallons?

Should be a good place to start. Don't know what your target beer tastes like but you will definitely get good flavor contribution from 1 can

Hey All, just wanted to see how this recipe turned out. I just brewed a blonde ale and I’m thinking about splitting the batch after primary and using some boysenberry purée for one. Any thoughts?

Not a blonde ale, but about seven years ago I made a melomel with fresh boysenberries that is awesome.

Back