bought out and shut the doors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gc2007

Reaction score
Went to work tuesday morning and was informed the company i work for is closing the yard. After we get all the equipment moved to another yard we will be out of a pay check(got to love pencil pushing d*#k heads who only care about bottom line).:mad: The good news ,I was offered another job with management possability but will have to move to Weatherford,Tx. Any one from the dallas fort worth area with any insight or thoughts, comments good and bad? suggestions on local brew pubs and lhbs's and brew clubs. Still have'nt commited but definetly considering because not alot around here.

My family and I lived in the D/FW "Metroplex" for five years. Oldest daughter still lives there. Gets kinda warm in the summer...but our concrete inground pool sure did help. We enjoyed our time in Texas!

glenn514:mug:

jobs locally are pretty hard to come by and good long term jobs even harder,the misses has been out of work for a year now. just about every thing is oilfield related and its been slow for over two years.

How secure is the job in TX? anything holding you in NM? got any kids going to school? They paying you to relocate? Its a ton of questions you have to ask yourself. Im sorry for you loss

I've been living in DFW, actually Euless, for about 5 months now and love it. I haven't been around too much yet as my family is still in Springfield, MO so I commute home on my weekends. I understandthat there are some decent clubs and LHBs down here. Just ask around on the board. Good luck with your future and whatever choice you make. Moving can be streesful but I always say home is where my wife and kids are. If youmake beer, you will always make friends no matter where you are.lol

My brother lives in Ft. Worth. It's a pretty good place to live - you won't be disappointed. Weatherford is pretty nice, too and a really convenient distance from the Metroplex. Couple of points tho if you're looking at living in Ft. Worth instead of Weatherford...

If you have kids, THOROUGHLY research the school districts. There is definitely quality variation from one district to the next, even with adjacent districts.

THOROUGHLY research your commute. Some places in the Metroplex are a royal b!tch for traffic. That shouldn't be a really big issue if you lived out around Benbrook or White Settlement because you would be commuting the opposite direction from most others.

The Knights of the Brown Bottle is the HBC in Arlington, and they have a list of LHBS's in the area.

Deep Woods Apothecary is located in Arlington, as is American Firehouse Brewing Supply (which looks to be the same as Dr. Jeckyl's - if not they're splitting rent...)

Good luck to you. Losing a job sucks bad, but it looks like there might be a silver lining as well.

Back