Bottling tools

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

80/-

Reaction score
I'm beginning to get a bit of grief about the amount of spillage on the floor when I'm bottling my brews - hopefully someone out there can help.

What I'm looking for is a replacement for the normal tap that's at the bottom of my 5g bottling bucket that's a dedicated bottle filler.

I think I've seen something that screws on in place of the tap and is made from a rigid plastic or brass tube with a pressure activated tap at the bottom of it that opens the flow once you bring the bottom of the bottle into contact with it and cuts of the flow once the bottle is no longer holding it open.

Am I imagining this gizmo or does it actually exist somewhere? If anyone has any links or names of manufacturers I'd be grateful

Cheers

80/-

It's called a bottle wand. You connect it to the spigot on the bottling bucket by a short length of tubing and when it is held in contact with the bottom of the bottle it opens up. When you pull it out it automatically shuts and stops the flow. You should be able to find them at any HBS or online. Have not seen one that connects directly to the bucket.

It's easier to have the tube anyway, because you can set up a little assembly line of filling like in the opening credits of Laverne and Shirley. If you have a capper helper that is.

Then make up a little tub of sanitizer and if you need to put the wand down, you can put it in there. The length of hose gives you flexibility.

And, yeah, like 2ns Street says, any LHBS or homebrew store online will have them.

Also, set the bottling bucket over your dishwasher...then bottle on the open dishwasher door...no beer on the floor at all :)

Cheers guys !

I knew I'd seen them somewhere online but I couldn't find them when I went looking yesterday.

I'll need to get one ordered up for my IPA that's been 2 weeks in secondary - that needs bottled so I can rack my hoegaarden clone out of primary and get a raspberry wheat on the go ASAP.

Thanks again

80/-

Back