bottling screw up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmee

Reaction score
is there anyway to correct not adding enough sugar when bottling, or just pour the bottles back into the bottling bucket and re bottle? I am sure that my question answers it self but someone once said there are no stupid questions......I beg to differ

People have mentioned some bottle-at-a-time priming drops or pills...you could try some of those.

I would just grab a 1/4 teaspoon of dextrose and add it to each bottle.

Or, if you're really patient, add 1/8th teaspoon, and see what happens, and find out what your dosage is. Alternatively, you could boil up the other half of the sugar, divide the liquid evenly between the bottles.... I guess it's a bit of a risk either way...

I would not be at all surprised if it turned out just fine anyway - if you try doctoring some up to "fix" this, you might try leaving some alone as a control group and see how they come out. I bet the ones with half the sugar will be acceptable at the very least.

Back