Bottling Saison-Brett

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upheaval

Reaction score
So I'm nearing bottling day on my brew and have been reading horror stories about bottling Brett beers. I was planning on just going my usual route of bottling with sugar and letting my bottles sit. But I'm wondering. With this beer should I not do that?

I added Brett and Wine yeast to my secondary, not sure if that's helpful to any of you out there.

I'm still really green, and am thinking attempting to play with Brett was a bit too ambitious.

There is nothing wrong with bottling it but you need to be absolutely sure the beer has reached final gravity and is not still fermenting. How long has it been fermenting and at what gravity is it. Brett will eat through most anything that other yeast will not so you need to verify that it is only going to eat the priming sugar and is still not fermenting the other present sugars currently in the beer.

I've never used Brett but perhaps someone else can chime in as I know there is way to halt it but not sure how or what is used.

What did you eventually do and how did this beer turn out. I plan on brewery a few beers in January and experimenting with the Brett at bottling. I'm a huge fan os these Stillwater beers that have that brett chartacter and they say on the bottle "bottled with two strains of Brett" or something similar. I'm looking forwared to trying this!!

Resto,

Its still developing in the bottle. I added my fruits and Brett into secondary for a little over two weeks just to make sure my numbers were where I wanted them.

I've cracked a few open though and each one has been really tasty. The Brett shines like it does in most brews, the pear helps with a dry finish and the mango gives a nice sweet twist. I'll probably sit on them for a couple more months and consume them!

Good luck and give an update.

I didn't even answer your question about bottling lol. I ended up just adding the recommended corn sugar at bottling and have had no issues with bombs

Back