Bottling Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveBaker

Reaction score
Has anyone bottled into a jack Daniels style bottle? I found a local who loves his whiskey and is selling me 25 jack bottles for 10$! My mead won't be carbonated, and once done fermenting I'll throw in the sorbate and sulfate, possibly backsweeten with Honey. I'm still new to mead making and this will be my first bottling experience. Just wanna make sure I won't get a room full of bombs! Thanks!

Well, picked up the bottles today. 64 750ml jack bottles and one big bottle of jack, all for ten bucks! I think I got a good deal out of it all. :)
1537319851013.jpeg

Nice! I"ve been collecting the empty bottles from our favorite wine. But now that I'm getting somewhat close to bottling, I tried to remove the labels, and, to my horror, discovered they weren't actually labels! They were screen printed, there's no getting them off short of sand blasting.

Nice! I"ve been collecting the empty bottles from our favorite wine. But now that I'm getting somewhat close to bottling, I tried to remove the labels, and, to my horror, discovered they weren't actually labels! They were screen printed, there's no getting them off short of sand blasting.
Ouch, lol the Jack bottles are labels but on the top of the square part they do have jack Daniels printed into the glass. :\ Not worried about it for giving gifts to friends and family though lol

Latest posts

Back