Bottling on a bigger scale... NEED HELP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pdaigle

Reaction score
I have this barleywine aging in a 300L Foeder and would like to have some ideas to bottle conditioning.

Should I bottle from the foeder?
Should I transfer to my 1bbl fermenter and bottle from this?
Should I transfer from foeder to a keg and keg to bottle?

Just worries when adding my corn sugar it will propagate well so I don't get beer bombs or flat ones.

Also should CBC-1 needed ?

Cheers,

here it is

Attachments

• 62003429_864813630539692_1795175241715023872_n.jpg
    62003429_864813630539692_1795175241715023872_n.jpg
    518.7 KB · Views: 117
Personally I'd keg it, carbonate it a few psi above where you would normally serve it, and bottle it. If your fermentor can hold carbonation pressure, I'd use that instead so there's less disruption and stoppage to the daunting bottling process.

I think there are a few things to consider. How long will it take you to bottle 300L and do you want to bottle it all at once? If you want the option to break up the bottling day, I'd transfer to the stainless FV or kegs. Depending on the %abv, cbc-1 may have issues carbonating it. If you are giving it as a gift, I find it's less headache to not have any sediment.

Personally I'd keg it, carbonate it a few psi above where you would normally serve it, and bottle it. If your fermentor can hold carbonation pressure, I'd use that instead so there's less disruption and stoppage to the daunting bottling process.

I think there are a few things to consider. How long will it take you to bottle 300L and do you want to bottle it all at once? If you want the option to break up the bottling day, I'd transfer to the stainless FV or kegs. Depending on the %abv, cbc-1 may have issues carbonating it. If you are giving it as a gift, I find it's less headache to not have any sediment.

This will be bottle condition. I was thinking of transferring to FV with proper amount of corn sugar and cbc-1 and then bottle from FV one by one. Can I trust beersmith on the amount of corn sugar?

This will be bottle condition. I was thinking of transferring to FV with proper amount of corn sugar and cbc-1 and then bottle from FV one by one. Can I trust beersmith on the amount of corn sugar?

You could definitely bulk prime in the FV. That would keep things consistent. Make sure it is mixed well or the sugar solution may settle to the bottom. I agree with day_tripper; I usually use the BF priming calculator.

Back