bottling for use that day...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdphillips73

Reaction score
Question-

Can I just pour beer from my keg faucet into a six pack to take out on the boat for consumption that day without purging oxygen out? Anyone ever done this? results?

No problem doing that. It's the same basic idea as pouring into a growler. However, a growler filler will lead to less foaming and oxygen issues. But, if you're drinking it that day, no problem at all.

I always still starsan the bottles and caps in case it's not all consumed that day and drank maybe the week later, and even then I never noticed an oxygen issue.

If you can fill it with some counter pressure you'll get less foaming and the beer stays better carbonated.

Slip a drilled #2 rubber stopper over your filling tube. Clamp a piece of hose over your faucet and clamp the other side onto your filing tube. Insert the tube into the bottle, all the way to the bottom, and slide the rubber stopper down into the mouth of bottle, just enough to make a seal. Start filling, it will stop as the pressure builds. Squeeze/tilt the rubber stopper to let some pressure out slowly, while it keeps filling to the top. Let most of the foam spill out, then cap on foam.

Back