Bottling Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morrisj86

Reaction score
I am brewing a peach beer that my SIL is already raving about. American Wheat Peach beer she hasn't even tasted it and she is already crazy about it. Problem is, she is pregant, so I want to save some for her when she can drink beer w/o any problems. I am currently kegging my beer, can i just bottle a 6pack, right out of the carb'd keg and save them for her or should I just wait till her due date and brew another patch, always good to have a reason to brew.

My wife won't let me buy any more equipment cuz I've gone way way over my allowance on beer stuff in the past 6months.

The Peach flavors will fade and its better to drink fresh. Just brew another batch later, you will have gained some experience and it will be even better. Plus you get to brew another batch.

Are you buying beer stuff with her money or why do you have an allowance on it?

The Peach flavors will fade and its better to drink fresh. Just brew another batch later, you will have gained some experience and it will be even better. Plus you get to brew another batch.

I agree with the "brew another batch later" advice.

On the second part, I take it you've never been married or lived on a budget? :mug:

I always laugh at things like this. It's a marriage, a partnership. Seems to me anyone who wants separate finances wants to be single, with benefits.

I always laugh at things like this. It's a marriage, a partnership. Seems to me anyone who wants separate finances wants to be single, with benefits.

You really let your wife decide what you can or cannot buy? Because thats what good old morrisj wrote

You really let your wife decide what you can or cannot buy? Because thats what good old morrisj wrote

If my wife and I agree to budget $300 for homebrew this half year and I spend $400 before April, you can be damn sure I'm not going to expand my equipment again before July.

brew a new batch indeed...

And unless you are rather wealthy or single, it's normal that you budget your "hobby" spends..I wouldn't like it if my wife suddenly blew our contigency fund on gardening crap either...

My wife won't let me buy any more equipment cuz I've gone way way over my allowance on beer stuff in the past 6months.

Really? go in her closet and count how many pairs of shoes or purses she owns ...or makeup,hair products,etc .None of that stuff is cheap.
then start comparing that to your "beer allowance" ,which by the way once you buy it ,you own it and the rest is recycling/refilling bottles (or kegs)and refilling is way cheaper than buying "expensive" craft beers .
My wife once said -we can go to the store and buy beer ,why do you need to make it?
Her son was right there and said - Its his hobby ,it makes him happy , give him a break.
My reply was something like- We can go buy dinner any time at any restaurant too but we like to cook our own food so we have a refrigerator and a stove and a grill.
Then once she tasted the beer I made for HER, no more was said .
If momma ain't happy , nobody is happy.
Happy Wife, Happy life. etc,etc.

What I can buy? No--she doesn't have an interest in WHAT. What she does have an interest in is what the resources of our marriage go toward, just as I have the same interest, and I don't just dump OUR money into a major purchase without a consensus on that.

Oh, the nickel and dime stuff, no. She buys nickel and dime stuff too, and I don't feel a need to oversee her purchases, as she doesn't feel a need to oversee mine. I'm careful with how I spend money, and she is too; many is the time I've gone to buy something and come home empty handed because it was either too expensive or not a good fit or not high enough quality. BTW, our credit card balances zero out every month.

But the idea that income streams in a MARRIAGE between two PARTNERS are separate? I'm always amused by that.

What kind of equipment are you thinking you might need that's related to the peach beer question? I beer gun or counter pressure filler? I wouldn't worry about that, just turn the gas down low and use a regular bottle filler or a hose.

My Perlick taps are the same size as a spring loaded bottle filler. Perfect fit.

Just put the bottles and filler in the freezer before filling. Less foam.

But brew a fresh batch for the SIL. Tell her it's even better than the first.

"Wheat beers are at their best when drunk young" ~ Somebody Once Said

Plan your wheat peach brewday 4 weeks after the delivery date for maximum deliciousness.

You can bottle from the keg without special equipment. That said, I would just brew it again later. A wheat beer needs to be fresh.

If you ever need new equipment you could always sell some other stuff you have.

German wheat beers consumed locally were ALWAYS better than any of the same brands I found distributed in the US. Once in a while, I'd work in Germany in Bad Aibling. It's just down the road from Weihenstephaner brewery, which is close to Munich. The local beer was definitely better in-country as opposed to the US imported version.

That said, my homebrewed wheats were always better fresh than any domestic wheats I bought.
I purchased a fresh six of Magic Hat Circus Boy (I always look at dates) and compared it to my decoction homebrew done with Belgian Pilsner and Hallertau Blanc hops. Hands down, mine was better with nicer foam up to six weeks after I bottled.

Back