Bottling beer from corny keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gpalkar

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am trying to bottle my beers from my corny keg (force carbed) but have been unsuccessful so far. I've watched a few videos on YouTube as to how to bottle from kegs and the method that I've tried is the following - keep the pressure at around 3 psi where it is just enough to make the already carbed beer come out from the keg. Although the carbonation in the bottled beer seems alright, there's no head at all. Any suggestions?

some beers don't hold a good head. you could also over carb slightly to compensate for the loss of co2 while you bottle. i tried to bottle without a "beer gun" and it didn't go well at all. i was going to by a counter pressure filler but bought a beer gun if i had to do it again i would spend the $106 again on the beer gun. i fill more bottles than expected, also growlers.

you can try what i do for growlers. i cut a length of tube i forget the OD size of it but it first perfectly in my faucet then i set the pressure at 3psi and fill as if its beer gun. i would only fill this way if you plan on drinking the beer soon tons of oxygen getting in the beer and in the bottle.

some beers don't hold a good head. you could also over carb slightly to compensate for the loss of co2 while you bottle. i tried to bottle without a "beer gun" and it didn't go well at all. i was going to by a counter pressure filler but bought a beer gun if i had to do it again i would spend the $106 again on the beer gun. i fill more bottles than expected, also growlers.

you can try what i do for growlers. i cut a length of tube i forget the OD size of it but it first perfectly in my faucet then i set the pressure at 3psi and fill as if its beer gun. i would only fill this way if you plan on drinking the beer soon tons of oxygen getting in the beer and in the bottle.

I have had luck filling bottles this way. I use 3/8 ID tubing and it slides right inside of one of my faucets. The other faucet is a perlick and I needed to stretch the tubing using a wine stopper to get it to go on the outside of the faucet.

I usually overfill a little to try to minimize how much oxygen is in the headspace.

Back