Bottling - a mover's nightmare

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TWS22

Reaction score
Company's relocating mento north jersey. Movers are packing up the place. There's a lot of sighing and groaning coming from the basement where all my empty bottles are stored.

That poor bastard is wrapping every one individually!

If only he'd seen it before I threw 70% of them I to the recycling!

LMAO.

My wife and I will be doing the same thing shortly. In my case my friends here are hoping I fill the bottles and share rather than toss the bottles.
You moving any beer with you? Bottled? Kegged?

Are all the bottles loose? I don't understand what the danger or moving a case filled with empty bottles would be.

I would just go to the local bar and get some empty cases, tape em up and ship em out. Then again, they are getting paid to do that. I had some movers pack up all my stuff once for my move from Detroit to Kansas, and they wrapped all of my Tupperware lids individually. They know no limits when it comes to overpackaging.

One word...(or is it two?)

181316_10150091021744067_620469066_6196013_3815685_n.jpg

Yeah, the full bottles I'm taking myself. They're not getting their hands on my finished beer.

I would've been happy to let them move them loose. But they started in and then it was just too funny to tell them to stop.

Kegs coming up.

He will probably make you pay for it. I drive a tanker truck and its common for those moving guys to find a heavy truck to weigh on their scale ticket. You pay by the pound right? I have heard them asking on the CB at the truck stops.

No weigh stations between here and there. And the company pays. So, I'm golden!

Back