Bottles in dishwasher with Detergent

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chapster100

Reaction score
Hi

I bottled my pilsner last night, and after i went to sleep it occurred to me that many of those bottles went through the dishwasher over the last few weeks with detergent and other dishes.

My process for bottling day is to get a big bucket if idophor solution, and soak all bottles in it for at least 20 minutes before using the bottles, regardless of weather they have been through the dishwasher or not. Its just so i KNOW the bottle is clean. Then i dip each bottle into a bowl of boiled water to rinse out. Then the bottle gets filled.

My worry is that there will be residual detergent on the bottles. Do i have a need to be worried? I don't want flat pilsner.

I haven't used the dishwasher for bottles in years, found it to be too much effort and I doubted it really sprays much inside the bottles idk.

Lately I just bottle off my keezer in reasonably clean bottles for immediate consumption within a few hours.

I don't bother sanitizing bottles lately as I plan to consume them within a few hours, have even had some sit for a few months without issue...keep them cold.

Latest posts

Back