Bottled my second batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHillBrewCo

Reaction score
I just bottled a kit I got for Christmas.. A Brewers Best Holiday Ale.. lol By all accounts it turned out good. Tasted good, pretty hoppy, smells great, nice brown color. I did just a primary for 4 weeks. I didn't have any airlock activity whatsoever. I knew that it was fermenting after a day or so from the k ring that formed and it got nice and frothy.. I picked up a Vinator and some Star San from the LHBS at the Berlin Farmers Market in Berlin NJ. They've been open for a few months and have a good selection of stuff if you're in SJ.. The Vinator made sanitizing the bottles really easy. I'm definitely going to get a bottle tree or make one for the next batch.. I'm thinking I'll do a white beer next for the summer..something with citrus maybe.

Good to hear there's a LHBS in Berlin. I'm in Camden county, and the only other LHBS I've found so far is Barry's Homebrew Supply over in South Philly.

Hi there.. New member, first post..

Anyway, I was just in the Keg & Barrel Brew Supply in the farmers market this weekend. They have a lot of stuff in there but it seemed a little overpriced compared to what you can get online at places like northern brewer, etc.

Still, I picked up three cases of bottles as I plan on brewing my first batch this weekend. It's nice to see a couple other guys in my area brewing at home.

Cheers,

Ogie

I think that is normally going to be the case with online being a little cheaper but you have to factor in shipping and waiting for your products. Plus I love the fact that I can actually see, touch, smell, etc., before I buy. Also nice in a pinch to be able to drive over on a Saturday or Sunday to get something you might need/forgot or if you break something... And it's only a 10 minute drive for me so I don't mind paying a little extra for convenience, I'm also in Camden County... There are not many alternatives, other than the couple over in Philly, Barry's and Home Sweet Homebrew..... Apparently there are a lot of brewers in our area. The guy at the shop said he's doing lots of business with local brew clubs...

Latest posts

Back