bottled green beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surf21

Reaction score
2 weeks ago i bottled my home brew and it's been at room temp. since then. i was informed that 3 weeks was an optimal time for them to carbonate, the thing i want to know because i tried one a week ago, they are apple tasting(green beer) ,is after the 3 weeks at room temp. should i put them in the fridge or can they stay out alot longer??? My goal is to get rid of the apple taste( i forgot the name of the thing that is produced, i know it starts with an A) thanks =)

I would keep them out at room temp and put 1 or 2 in the fridge to try each week until they get better.

Esters.possibly from not giving them time to clean up or pitching at a higher temp.If you botteled it after 10 days like i did you may have to wait like 4-5 weeks to get it to mellow out.I have since been primarying 3 weeks minimum and pitching below 70 degrees.Also if you dont aerate your wort before pitching may cause this.

Latest posts

Back