bottled beer and fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhegende

Reaction score
I am curious if I can put my newly bottled beer into the fridge. Last time I brewed I put a few bottles in the fridge and when I went to drink it there wasn't any head really. The ones that were not in the fridge when opened had GREAT head and body.
Thanks!

If you carbonate your beer by adding priming sugar, you need to keep the bottles at ~ 70F for several weeks for them to carbonate.

Of course, you can put them in the fridge, but as you found out, they won't carbonate.

-a.

ajf said:
If you carbonate your beer by adding priming sugar, you need to keep the bottles at ~ 70F for several weeks for them to carbonate.

Of course, you can put them in the fridge, but as you found out, they won't carbonate.

-a.

Dido. Let you beer age properly and it will be worth it when you drink your finished project.

I've been letting it ferment in the bottle for 2 weeks before I drink it then it usually lasts two or three more weeks. I make 8 -1 liter bottles. Should I wait 4 weeks to drink and put in fridge at 4 weeks?

Back