bottle storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butler1244

Reaction score
Bottles my first 5 gallon batch today. I've read plenty of posts, including Revvy's bottling for beginners post, so I know it should be stored 3 weeks at 70. I put all the bottles in a large storage tote and ran the wire to my thermawrap into it. I unfortunately cant get the temp inside to tote to 70, only about 60-65. Will the beer still be able to carbonate?

Yes it will, though it may take a little longer. I would test one a two weeks, then three and then four. They're all going to taste good but I would bet that four weeks will be close to the sweet spot.

If you're really worried get an aquarium heater and fill the tote with water. Trust me, I'd rather have a cold issue than a warm one. I live in Houston and it's a lot more expensive to keep things cold than warm.

thanks for the reply. Yea luckily where I am temp is never really a huge issue. I have extra empty medium fridge in my garage too so when I need it cold for lagers I'll have no problem. I don't want to have to buy extra stuff but maybe I'll find a heater online just in case. It's a 57 gallon tote though so if I fill it even halfway I have to plan on not moving it.

Latest posts

Back