Bottle storage ideas for a tiny apartment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elbajista

Reaction score
My wife and I have a tiny 2/2 apartment with pathetically little storage space, so I'm looking for innovative ideas for keeping bottles hidden away. This is to both keep our apartment from looking like a guy's dormroom with tons of bottles laying around, and also prevent immature "taste tests" on my part...:drunk:

There's no one place I can keep enough bottles for 1-2 batches. I thought about dividing the total lot out, some into a couple of drawers in a half-full dresser, some in this closet, some in that closet, some in the cabinet above the fridge, etc.

For those of you in tiny abodes, how do you effectively store your bottles?

Raising your bed and building storage underneath is a good approach. Bedskirts are easy to make, hiding the booty.

Closet floors are underutilized. You can always put the extra shoes on top of the cases.

if you can find a filing cabinet on craigslist I saw a guy here who could fit quite a few in there and it doesn't exactly look out of place

12 oz. bottles fit prfectly into milk crates, 25 bottles each. You can then stock them pretty high one on top another, 6-8 tall, saving plenty of room. Maybe you could find room for them in the water heater closet, in the hallway etc.
Here are my bottles in milk crates:

I keep the bottles in their original cases, which I stack eight cases high in the back of my entry closet. Getting at them is a little tough, but I've got my schedule worked out right so bottling day comes but 4 times a year. Shove coats out of the way, pull out boxes, fill, return.

12 oz. bottles fit prfectly into milk crates, 25 bottles each. You can then stock them pretty high one on top another, 6-8 tall, saving plenty of room. Maybe you could find room for them in the water heater closet, in the hallway etc.
Here are my bottles in milk crates:

Oh yea. I'm gonna get me some of these :)
Just so I'm asking for the right thing, is there a standard size for these are is just trial and error till ya get the right ones?

Back