Bottle soaking station

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishBrewer74

Reaction score
Everyone has their way to soak used bottles... Mine was in 5 gallon home depot buckets, but emptying them out can be heavy. Given I had some spare plumbing parts laying around, this cost about $20. I used a 10 gallon garbage can and rather than make a bulkhead, the people at home depot showed me this premade one designed for rain barrels. It works great since it is designed to work on flat or slightly curved surfaces. A nipple to go from the bulkhead to the valve and a plastic barb connector to hook up the hose.

No more having to lift heavy buckets filled with Oxyclean after soaking, just shove the hose in my basement floor drain on open the valve. And I can always go to bigger garbage cans if need be.

I'm sure I'm not the first to do something like this, but I tout I'd post it for those that have never seen one.

image-2540850878.jpg

image-3524521652.jpg

image-509133321.jpg

Back