Bottle sediment difference

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanVTBrew

Reaction score
This is nothing I'm particularly worried about, just curious. I bottled my second batch of ipa. The first batch was a pretty similar recipe (some changes to hop schedule). I noticed that the sediment in the first batch is chunky pieces. A LOT of it. It's been in bottles for 4 weeks without change. The most recent batch looks like what I see in most bottle conditioned beers I buy at the store. A cloud that slowly works its way down the bottle, when tipped upside down.
I like the looks of the second batch way more, and my thought was the extra time in the fermenter (didnt use secondary, stayed in for 4 weeks) the first batch was 3 weeks. Does anybody know how to dictate the consistency of bottle sediment?

Green mountain high!

Bump? I'm starting to think I just got better at racking. Here's a really sucky photo of it ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398400144.285089.jpg

Green mountain high!

Back