Bottle now or wait a week?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dionysos911

Reaction score
So quick cliff notes, some of which has already been shared.

The IPA (1.055og) spent about 10-12 days in the primary and got stuck at 1.018. I moved it to 2nd and dry hopped. A week after being in 2nd the temp in my place went up a couple degrees and it started fermenting again. After about a week of that it has slowed back down and is at 1.012. Now it has been in the glass carboy for a little over two weeks. I am going to be out of town for a few days so should I bottle now to be safe or think it can wait til next tuesday?

You should be safe to do either at this point. The only thing I don't like about leaving it is if the dry hops have been there the entire 2 weeks - that's about the max time I like to leave them in, but it really should be OK either way.

You should be safe to do either at this point. The only thing I don't like about leaving it is if the dry hops have been there the entire 2 weeks - that's about the max time I like to leave them in, but it really should be OK either way.

I have removed the dry hops, but am considering dry hopping it again since I have some more in my fridge still.

No reason to rush it at all.
Is it clear?

Its getting fairly clear. Is there a limit to how long it can sit before bottling? I'm in no huge rush since I keep hearing it improves the flavor. I jsut want to make sure it doesn't go bad.

It won't go bad. Heck for an IPA it probably wouldn't hurt to add some more dry hops for a few days right before you bottle it.

i agree. you can do either but let it sit if you are not in a rush. It is only better for it and lets it age another week

Latest posts

Back