Bottle Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leggoma

Reaction score
For those of you who have multiple batches bottled and stored, do you label your bottles, or do you just know what is what?

I use the little circular pricing stickers and stick'em to the caps. They come off easily and I got about a million for just a few bucks.

It's easy for me since we only brew 2-3 batches at a time. But I've been thinking of using sticky notes on each stack of boxes that tells the beer & BOD. I've actually got enough bottles for 5-6 batches at a time.

I'm lame and print labels specific for each batch. I get them from onlinelabels.com - cost is $19 for 400 bottles' worth of labels (one for the body of the bottle, one for the neck).

I use the little circular pricing stickers and stick'em to the caps. They come off easily and I got about a million for just a few bucks.

This but I use colored. It's easy to mark 50 or so and then stick em. If I send them in to a comp, I can pull them right off.

I tried labeling all my bottles when I first started. Looked awesome, but was a royal PITA to apply just to remove later. Enough of a PITA removing commercial labels already. Now I just use a short code on the cap with sharpie (WH for wee heavy, C for cider, RIS for my RIS, you get the point), and then if I'm giving bottles away I'll label only those few.

I ordered 6 different color caps, just keep a rotation and have not crossed over since i keg every other batch

I buy the address labels for envelopes that you run through a printer. Usually put a different font for each beer, date brewed and bottled. Yes I have to take them off again but they come off much easier than regular labels (and they are a lot smaller). Looks pretty nice too. If you wanted you could print a picture on them, but I haven't been that creative yet.

Yup. Sharpie on caps... cheap as hell... I'd like to get into labeling them for gifts but most of the time... they're just for me...

I learned from this site that I can make labels on regular paper, print them out, and use milk to stick them to the bottles. I find labeling a lot of fun and it adds a lot to the experience. Here's an example of a label I made using a free site a member of this board set up:

2012-02-06_23-27-23_306.jpg

Latest posts

Back