bottle conditioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjphillybrew

Reaction score
Today marks 3 weeks of my first brew (Northern Brewer Brown Ale) in the bottle. I just threw some in the fridge for chilling, but my question is this: Is there a point when the rest of them should go in the fridge? My thought is to let at least half of them continue to condition for a few more weeks if I can resist. Are there specific types of beer that should go in the fridge after a certain amount of time conditioning? Or can they stay in bottle at room temperature for a long long time?

Thanx

Yeah keep them at room temp. They will condition faster. Except for a hefeweizen. My hefes in bottles seems to degrade after about a month at room temp. Keep all your bottles at rom temp til your ready to drink. THrow them in the fridge in the morning and they are ready by night.

usually i put a 6 pack in the fridge for a week before drinking then as i take one out a put a fresh one in and just keep going around and around the 6 pack till the batch is gone.

I have read on this forum that people chill their beer for up to a week before drinking? What is the rational behind this?

I have read on this forum that people chill their beer for up to a week before drinking? What is the rational behind this?

Gets the CO2 back into the brew better (or locks it in better) plus it gets the sediment/trub to really compact in the bottle making for clearer/easier pours into the glass. I find at least 4 days as a good start. Too few, and you get a lot more foam. I've not had a bottle go too long in the fridge (not sure it's even possible)...

basically its cold crashing in a bottle. lets the yeast that grew during the carbonation faze settle out and form a good solid layer on the bottom of the bottle. its totally a matter of preference...... and what Golddiggie just said

Latest posts

Back