Bottle conditioning in water bath

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarBush

Reaction score
Hi, though I have been lurking on this amazingly helpful website for sometime, I just joined today, and this is my first post. Unfortunately, my first post is an annoying "Help me I'm a newbie!" question.

I bottled my second brew (a brewers best APA) about a week ago. It's been pretty hot here in Ohio so I decided to put the bottles in a tub of water by the A/C. Figured it would keep the bottles a little cooler and i could monitor the temp of the water with a thermometer. However, I'm a little concerned that this will effect how well the sediment settles out. The bottles are packed pretty tight, and for the most part are all standing straight up. I'm not too worried, just curious about others experience with bottle conditioning in a water bath/swamp cooler.

Sorry if I rambled. Thanks guys!

Are you worried that the sediment will settle elsewhere than the bottom? My friend recently had a 750ml bottom lying down in his fridge for a good two weeks and the sediment had collected along the side and looked pretty stuck there. After standing it up for a few days once the space was available in his fridge, it eventually settled onto the bottom of the bottle, it didn't take long at all either.

Back