Bomm Mead Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I tried the BoMM mead recipe that I found on this forum. I'm almost at the end of the first week and my mead really has a strong beer smell/taste. Does this smell/taste go away after the first overhouling? Or does this mean my Bomm will probably fail?:confused:

During fermentation all meads go through a range of smells. The taste at 1 week, 1 month, 3 months and 6 months are drastically different improving with age. No worries. Have a Homebrew and chill.

i did my first overhauling some minutes ago,

my Bomm i made of wild blossom really starts to get this dry wine taste but my eucalyptus honey Bomm has a this strong beer taste.I hope it will fade away during clearing.

i only have a extra question,

what is the best way to sweeten up your end product? i like to splitt my Bomm in a dry and sweet batch

Back sweeten with the same honey you used to make the BOMM. If the BOMM goes completely dry (0.998-1.000 SG) and is a 1 gallon batch, 0.57 lb. (0.76 cups) will backsweeten it to 1.020, with is semi-sweet.

Latest posts

Back