Boil over! Ok?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franks160

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of making the left hand stout and my water bottle crapped out mid spray. Of course it boiled over before I could get the sprayer working. Will this hurt my beer or am I safe?

not at all. we all have boilover. the main problem with it is the clean up. so as far as beer, nope, no problem at all

Good deal! Got a little nervous. 30 min left. Hopefully no more problems! Thanks

Jimmy, there's a point in every man's life where it's time to sit down and have a talk. You're getting older now and well, you're probably getting all sorts of excited about boil overs and such. It's part of growing up and everybody goes through it. It's important to protect yourself, and your kettle, from what could happen. I know you're having fun and, believe me.... I've had some fun in my day. But that fun ends when you're scrubbing rock hard wort off of every surface in a 10ft. radius. Son, it's time I gave you some Fermcap S. Add a few drops before the boil and hell, use it in your starters too! Trust me, you'll have more fun knowing you're being safe.

I'm glad we had this talk.

Back