blueberry wheat ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waman1

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of making a blueberry wheat beer and would appreciate any suggestions. The beer has already gone through the primary, I racked it on top of 4lbs frozen blueberries(thawed and placed in a nylon bag) into my secondary and is sitting in my basement. I am planning on kegging this batch and would like some insight on how to proceed. My thoughts are to wash my hands, squeeze all the liquid out of the nylon bag and transferring to the keg as usual.

Thanks for any support.

p.s.: this is half of a 10 gallon batch. The other half I cold conditoned in the secondary on top of 1/2 cup lemon juice for a week and a half and just bottled it.

Just keg it as you normally would, but be sure to try and get the blueberries out first. Just like a dry hop you want to squeeze out all that good flavor juice. Sounds interesting, let us know how it turns out!:mug:

I racked it to the keg on 7/14. I pressurized the keg to 25psi for 3 days, then I released the pressure and reset the keg to 9psi. On 7/21 I poured off about 6 ozs. and poured myself a glass. The beer has a deep red/purple color with a nice pink head. My brother-in-law calls it a Barney beer(after the dinosaur). It has a nice berry aroma and a refreshing light blueberry taste with about 4%ABV. It was worth trying, and other people seem to like it. The other half of my batch I bottled on 7/7 and just opened one on 8/4. I didn't think I liked it on my 1st sip but after half the glass I really enjoyed it.

This is exactly how i did my blueberry wheat with identical results. People like it although i think its a little tart at times. I cleared with gelatin and its the clearest beer ive made.

Back