Fruit Beer Blueberry Saison

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

typebrad

Reaction score
I'm really wanting to brew my wife a crisp, summer brew. I'm a high gravity hop head and she just doesn't go for my beer style.

I've never brewed a saison. I'm willing to use flavoring vs. real fruit to avoid catastrophe, or bad flavor balance, or bittering (again, I've never done one of these).

Is there a nice "blank palette" or "simple" Saison recipe I could add flavoring to in secondary and pull this off?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'll probably BIAB, so an all-grain recipe would work great.

I did an extract American Wheat, added flavoring, and it was garbage.

Thanks,
Brad

/Will always still be figuring it out/

I brewed a blueberry saison. It was named blueberry hoptart. Partial mash. Used 4 lbs of frozen blueberries. Turned out purple. 8.5%. It was awesome. If you have any questions, let me know and I'll give you my logs

I brewed a blueberry saison. It was named blueberry hoptart. Partial mash. Used 4 lbs of frozen blueberries. Turned out purple. 8.5%. It was awesome. If you have any questions, let me know and I'll give you my logs

I would love to give it a try. Sounds like something the wife would go bonkers over. Can you private message here, or just post here so i can see. Thanks so much!

/Will always still be figuring it out/

im interested in this also. i just got some sam adams blueberry saison in there summer box kit and its really awesome!

Found one more

1403318313504.jpg

Sorry, I just know saw this guys. On my way to Tennessee today, once I make it back home tomorrow I'll fill ya in with my notes. Here's a link to the recipe that I tweaked a bit.

http://beersmithrecipes.com/viewrecipe/19258/blueberry-hoptart

I did a partial mash. Can't remember off the top of my head exactly what I used to convert everything.

Happy brewing!

Strawberry wheat wit on the way.
Nutella stout going down next week :)

Then hopefully constructing my mash tun with a modified false bottom

Back