Blueberry recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AACJ

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good thoughts on what I can do with the couple of pounds of frozen blueberries my wife and kids picked for me? My next brew on deck is a John Bull Wheat Beer and from the posts I read about blueberries, the wheat beer should go good with it but I'm looking for other possible suggestions too.

Thanks

i just did a Cherry Wheat using a Coopers Extract, pre hopped kit.

i added 3 lbs of Cherry puree to my secondary and i think it's gonna be a winner. tried a bottle after 1 week and it tasted GREAT !!!!

so my suggestion is turn the blueberries into a puree and add them to the secondary... some others can help with purifying the blueberries. i can't help there since i have not used fresh fruit before...

good luck :mug:

BrewProject said:
so my suggestion is turn the blueberries into a puree and add them to the secondary... some others can help with purifying the blueberries. i can't help there since i have not used fresh fruit before...

vodka. soak'em in vodka to sanitize.

Back