Blonde Ale Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kacey1973

Reaction score
Looking for a tried and true blonde ale recipe that preferably uses pilsner malt as the main component of the recipe. I am going to be using brew in a bag to do this. It is only my second attempt at all grain brewing.

Thinking I would like to make this a peach ginger blonde ale.

Thanks for any help.

BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde is tested around these parts so it is hard to argue with a great beer from a great brewer. However, here is one I got from my LHBS. I did 10 gallons and I racked 5 gallons over strawberries leaving the other 5 as is and I personally love it.

I'll 1/2 the recipe for you:
6.5 # Pilsner 2 row
2 # 4 oz white wheat malt
1 # munich malt
.75 oz vanguard 45 min
1 oz sterling at 15 min (I actually FWH this one)
US-05 ( I used that and then used Denny's Favorite 50 for the fruit beer).

SG: 1.053 (at least my 10 gallon was)
FG: 1.012 according to BS but that is due to the yeasts. Mine finished at 1.002 with US-05. That little ***** cut through it all.
SRM: 4.6

It looks just like this... :)
IMG_6987.jpg

Any suggestions on what type of ginger (fresh, powdered, etc) to add and when to add for a peach ginger blonde ale?

Dried and fresh ginger have different profiles. If you want lemony spice, add .5 oz fresh ginger at flame-out.

Back