Blind Pig Clone version 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppy_Sanchez

Reaction score
So I just brewed and have fermenting Blind Pig version 1 w oak. I'm just 3 days into fermentation.

Now I want to brew Blind Pig version 2 so I can compare the two pigs...

I have a recipe but I've seen so many variations of it. It's mainly the hop schedule that throws me off.

Here's the recipe I came up with.
5.5 gal batch
Grain bill
12lb 8oz 2 row
8.5oz carapils
9.6oz c-40

Hop Bill?
1 oz chinook 60 or 90 min?
.75 oz columbus 60 min
.5 oz Cascade 30 min
1 oz simcoe 0 min
1 oz Amarillo 0
Dry Hop
1 oz each
Cascade, Columbus, simcoe, Amarillo, centennial

If anyone has the correct hop schedule for this clone please share.

Please share your thoughts and opinions. I plan on brewing this this weekend.

I have checked out Bertus Brewery's blog about Blind Pig v2. I've just seen others use warrior, Apollo, and chinook for bittering. Also the dry hop schedule seems to vary by home Brewer. If Bertus Brewery's Blind Pig clone is the true one, I'll be brewing it this weekend. I have the bulk grains ready to be crushed and a yeast starter ready to go.

If you listen to the jamil show on the bn - tasty talks about his blind pig clone on the american ipa show. Seems to be fairly confident about the recipe.

I should clarify - it is the latest American IPA show from March 8, 2016 (starting around the 48 minute mark).

If you listen to the jamil show on the bn - tasty talks about his blind pig clone on the american ipa show. Seems to be fairly confident about the recipe.

I should clarify - it is the latest American IPA show from March 8, 2016 (starting around the 48 minute mark).

I just listened to it today on the way to work. May have to re brew it. Tho mine wasn't cloned it was still a great tasting IPA.

And to clarify the clarification it's the 'Brewing with Style- American IPA' show :mug:

http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/brewing-with-style-american-ipa/

Just for other's that see this post and want to find that

Back