Blichmann's New Entrant into Glycol Wars

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brooothru

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Recently while trying (unsuccessfully) to break the Interwebs, I came across an advertisement for a new glycol chiller from Blichmann Engineering. The capacity looks to be geared to mid-sized brewing operations but priced to be affordable to home brewers ($899 US).

I tried to post a link but was unsuccessful. If anyone is in the market for a glycol chilling system you really need to take a look at this thing. I'm a big fan of Ss Brewtech products and recently added one of their chillers to my brew setup. Couldn't be happier with my decision to buy. But if this chiller had come out a couple of months earlier I would have been hard pressed to pass it up.

Check it out. It's a schweeeeeet setup.

Brooo Brother

fwiw, the actual price on that Blichmann glycol unit is $899 plus $100 for each vessel one wants to control. Add another $80 for the glycol and the entry level price is $1080.

On the upside, they'll drop-ship it for free :)

Cheers!

fwiw, the actual price on that Blichmann glycol unit is $899 plus $100 for each vessel one wants to control. Add another $80 for the glycol and the entry level price is $1080.

On the upside, they'll drop-ship it for free :)

Cheers!
That's more than my car is worth.

The first one is a big nut for sure, but for someone with four or more conicals the math might make sense.
Don't know - the whole thing is way out of my space :)

Cheers!

Has anyone seen one of these? I am in the market for a glycol chiller, but I’m on the fence between this and the BrewBuilt, but I haven’t seen any reviews or heard any feedback on any forums.

Since when is $900 affordable??
Check out the Crysis from craftabrew.com

Do you mean Stasis? I looked it up. It’s pre-selling for $750, which isn’t that much better, and this one the OP mentioned is geared toward bigger batches I believe.
I having been looking for one, but only do 5 gallon batches. Can’t justify dropping this much coin in any at these price points

Do you mean Stasis? I looked it up. It’s pre-selling for $750, which isn’t that much better, and this one the OP mentioned is geared toward bigger batches I believe.
I having been looking for one, but only do 5 gallon batches. Can’t justify dropping this much coin in any at these price points
Damn, sorry, I definitely meant to say Stasis. Don't know where I got crysis from. :confused:

Latest posts

Back