Blichmann Rotating Racking Arm Pics????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobilecabinworks

Reaction score
I am looking to put a rotating racking arm in a couple sanke fermenters and I am trying to get an idea of how to assemble them. I contacted Blichmann to see if I could just buy the whole setup and they told me the don't sell DIY parts. So next best thing.

Does anyone have a picture, or willing to take a picture, of their rotating racking arms? Perhaps it's time to take it apart and clean it and take some pics in the process

I would like to ideally see an upclose exploded view of the parts that are used through the fermenter wall. I found a couple pics online of tri-clamp styles ones, but I want them to be more akin to the blichmann style. Thanks in advance.

Here you go.

The racking arm uses a stainless tube bent 90 degrees with a flare fitting and nut. There is a deep seated washer on the screw. I don't think the threads are NPT, but they will loosely screw into a 1/2" NPT fitting.

6966-a.jpg

6965-a.jpg

6964-a.jpg

6963-a.jpg

Awesome thanks so much! That's what I wanted to see. Is that a tri-clamp version? Thanks again this helps a bunch.

Awesome thanks so much! That's what I wanted to see. Is that a tri-clamp version? Thanks again this helps a bunch.

Yes that is the tri-clamp version I wish blichman sold conversion kits I bought the regular fitted 14.5 gallon a few years ago could not justify the cost difference. No that my brewery is fitted with TC I wish I had the foresight to spend the extra cash:)

Yeah that's a lack of forsight on their behave, not to allow customers to upgrade their systems. Kind of one of the problems I have with the company. Feels like they are more focused on selling their gear than making a really adaptable product. Not that they make bad equipment, it's quite nice really, but it seems to be a "take it", or "leave it" mentality when it comes to their products. I just don't think they realize every brewery wants to do it a little different. It's really why I prefer to DIY.

Sorry for the short rant. :cross:

Back