• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Illinois Blichmann Burner / Bayou Classic 16G Kettle Set-Aurora IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeThirst

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Went EBIAB last spring but held on to these “just in case”. Well, that never happened and we don’t think it ever will so time for these to go. Both were used for about 25 extract batches and stored inside between uses so they’re in very good shape.

Blichmann Floor burner with leg extensions (have the original legs, never used, included) -$140

Bayou Classic 6-piece kettle set
Kettle & lid, false bottom (never used), ½” ball valve, thermometer and bazooka screen (not pictured,never used) and heat shield. Throwing in a ball valve heat shield from BobbyM as well. - $170

Obviously these are both pretty bulky so local makes the most sense, but if you want to pay for the shipping I can get them to UPS.

img_3733b-67389.jpg

Might be thinking of getting rid of two dorm refrigerators as well. One is a black Danby 2.6 CF, the other is a 4 CF Sanyo. Both are clean and in good working order.

Just curious how much for the Blichmann floor burner shipped to 64030?

Didn't plan on shipping so please bear with me. The legs are in their original box but the burner is not so I'm guessing at the box size needed. It looks like it would come out to $30-35, either all in one box or in 2. I would want to take it to the UPS store to confirm first. If still interested, let me know and I should be able to get there tomorrow.

@mrkrausen -

My guess was pretty close with the leg extensions ($12.95) , but UPS came in higher than I expected for the burner due to the size and shape. Packaging is $14.50 and shipping is just under $28, so $55-$56 total :eek:. I tried FedEx too, but they were worse. If that's too much, I completely understand. It looks like a local sale makes more sense than I thought.

Feel free to give IdrinkBr priority since he's local . If the deal falls through I may still be interested.

Thanks @mrkrausen, I appreciate that. The shipping seems high to me too, but I really did try.

Just to be clear to all though, I do have someone else interested (didn't post to this thread, sent PM only) in both the burner and kettle in the number 2 spot who is also local. IDrinkBr is 3rd (I let him/her know that via PM) and would then move to 2nd. Just trying to be fair to you and make sure you're good with that.

Chris

@mrkrausen,

I never like to assume anything so I haven't told the 2nd in line that these are his pending your acknowledgement of the #3 spot. It looks like we would be able to meet up and complete the sale this weekend.

I don't know how often you're checking in here but I would really like to free up the space soon. Please don't take this as an ultimatum (I definitely don't mean it that way no matter how it may read) but I just want to make sure you are ok with me selling to the first of the two local people. I'm thinking if you don't reply by 7:30 PM CT (24 hours since your last comment) I've gotta assume you're passing and I'll sell to the first local buyer.

Thanks,

Chris

Sorry to hold you up. I will remove myself from the line of purchasers. That way you don't have to go through the process of shipping. thank you for your consideration.

Back